The breakout stars of hit indie LGBTQ film Billie & Emma, discuss their personal travel styles
- Location shoot essentials? A foldable reclining chair, a book and lip balm
- Top travel-themed films? Before Sunrise, Under the Tuscan Sun and Midnight in Paris
- What makes you a great travel companion? I make very organized itineraries. Excel sheet-level!
- Light or heavy packer? Heavy
- Best way to pass time on flights? Read, sleep, eat, repeat
- Best travel buddies? My mom and sister
- First leisurely thing you do at a new destination? Find out where the locals go for good food and drink
- Tour group or solo exploration? Solo
- Three important things for your carry-on? Passport, moisturizer and a book
- Aisle or window? Aisle
. . .
- Things you need to have when you’re shooting? Camera gear and food
- Favorite movie? Anything with zombies!
- What are you like as a travel partner? I’m spontaneous — but I suck at directions. We can get lost somewhere nice, or somewhere scary. But either way, I promise to protect you!
- Early at the airport or last-minute check-in? Early
- City, beach or countryside? Beach
- Hotel or hostel? Hotel
- Outdoor adventures or solid leisure? Outdoor adventures
- Preferred travel camera? Sony A7S II AF or Canon 70D
- Most Instagrammable place you’ve been to? Palawan
- Best way to unwind? Hang out with friends
This article first appeared in the December 2018 issue of Smile magazine.