Manila-based club, bar and music fest superstars on their travel style
1. Essentials when traveling for a gig?
Miguel (in red): Drum sticks, swimming trunks, goggles and a book
Chiko (in green): Dancing shoes
2. Window or aisle seat?
Miguel and Chiko: Window
3. Best way to pass time on long flights?
Miguel: Read and sleep
4. Light or heavy packer?
Miguel and Chiko: Light
5. Planned or spontaneous travel?
Miguel and Chiko: Spontaneous
6. First leisurely thing you do in a new destination?
Miguel and Chiko: Rent a bike and go exploring
7. Preferred travel camera?
Miguel and Chiko: Phone camera
8. Hotels or hostels?
9. City, beach, mountains or countryside?
10. Best road trip music?
Miguel: The very best love songs of the 60’s and 70’s
Chiko: Rock n’ roll, baby!
11. Travel bucket list?
Miguel: Venice and Barcelona
Chiko: Havana, Turin, Rio de Janeiro
12. Best travel buddy?
Miguel: My girlfriend
13. How do you unwind?
Miguel: Playing golf and reading
14. Last item purchased while traveling?
Miguel: Aloe Vera
Chiko: Maldita’s Crunchy Chili Garlic condiment
15. Favorite band of all time?
Miguel: Paul Mccartney & The Wings
Chiko: Joe Cruz & The Cruzettes
16. Top tip for aspiring musicians?
Miguel: Approach every gig and rehearsal with an athlete’s mentality
Chiko: Play more, listen well
17. Dream gig?
Chiko: Outer space with aliens as our audience
18. Favorite musical instrument?
Miguel: The drums — but I wish I could sing
19. Most memorable event you’ve played in?
Miguel and Chiko: Wonderfruit in Bangkok, 2017
20. What would you be if you weren’t part of the Hernandez Brothers Duo?
Miguel: A professional golfer