Travel light by decanting your essentials into these stylish bottles, tubes and cases
1. Muji’s PET pump bottle enables you to dispense just the right amount of product — like serums and oils — for your travels (₱175 for 30ml size); muji.com
2. Mumuso’s tiny 10ml screw-cap jars, available as part of 11-piece travel sets, keeps your anti-itch creams and rescue balms purse-friendly (₱189); mumuso.ph
4. Travelon’s squeezable flip-cap Smart Tubes, made from food-grade silicone, are spill-proof, leakproof and dishwasher-safe — and your best bet for storing gels and liquids (₱990 for set of two 89ml bottles); fb.com/flight001ph
5. Daiso’s spray bottle is great for keeping cologne, alcohol or a DIY face mist close at hand (₱88 for 100ml set of two); fb.com/daisojapanph
6. Beabi’s mini funnel helps transfer liquids and ensures that not a drop is wasted (₱20); beabi.com.ph
7. Beabi’s stackable screw-cap round cases neatly store your creams, pills and moisturizers (₱165 for set of three); beabi.com
8. Mumuso’s 60ml flip-cap bottles, part of an 11-piece travel set, are great for storing shampoo, conditioner and body wash (₱189); mumuso.ph
Ask the expert: What are some ways to pack light?
1. For carry-on luggage, bear in mind the airline’s restrictions on carry-on liquids, especially for international flights, and take along only what you need. Bring along reusable, leakproof and resealable bags for liquid containers that each do not exceed 100ml.
2. Leave the full-sized toiletries at home. Use complimentary hotel toiletries, take home the bottles and then refill them with your favorite shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion. You can swap them for purchased travel-sized containers for long-term, eco-friendly use.
3. Go non-liquid as much as possible — use solid perfume instead of bottled fragrances and makeup remover wipes instead of liquid solutions.
— Peachy Martires, retired flight attendant
This article first appeared in the June 2019 issue of Smile magazine.