Things to note when you’re travelling in and out of Siem Reap
Out of Cambodia’s three major airports (there’s Phnom Penh and Sihanouk), tourist destination Siem Reap is said to be the busiest. Around 3.47 million passengers went through its doors last year — a five percent growth from 3.29 million in 2015.
Though it may seem small, its high ceilings and windows let in plenty of light, and it does offer the basic conveniences to make your arrival and departure go off without a hitch. Use them before and after you go off to explore Angkor.
• Filipinos don’t need a visa to enter Cambodia, but if you’re not from an ASEAN country and do need one, you’ll be glad to know that there’s a visa-on-arrival service available at the visa counter in immigration. Do make sure to check the embassy website (embassyofcambodia.org/faq.html) before you plan and finalize your trip. Do find out about the fees and documents you may need to bring.
• Don’t worry about internet access. You can avail of the airport’s free WiFi.
• There are two ATMs near the visa and immigration areas, and a money changer in the arrival hall.
• If you’re not going to be picked up by your hotel, when you exit, get the taxis with flat rates. A ride can cost you US$7.
• You have different options to kill time while waiting for your flight. One is to stay at hotels like Pacific Hotel & Spa and La Maison d’Angkor, which are both just a few minutes away. Another is to enjoy a shower, a massage and a bite to eat. You can also check emails or social media at the Plaza Premium Lounge, which provides these amenities and more to all travelers for a fee. Or you can hang out at Costa Coffee, Kopitiam, or at fastfood eateries like Burger King and Yoshinoya.
• If you still need a few souvenirs to give away or remember your holiday by, try shops like Artisans Angkor, Khmer Angkor Jewelry and Bambou Indochine, which may have what you’re looking for. www.rep.aero
How to search, book, and check in for flights
On your mobile device: Download the Cebu Pacific mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. Book tickets and check in for your flights with just a few quick taps. You can also select baggage, meals and seat options, and then pay by credit card.
On the phone: Need to speak to an operator? Call the following numbers:
+63 2 7020 888
+63 32 230 8888
• Hong Kong:
+852 5803 3088
+65 315 80808
+61 2 9119 2956
• United States:
+1 855 5 CEBPAC