Are you a minimal packer with a taste for hot wheels, or a traveler who always has their travel essentials close at hand? Then these lightweight, cabin-friendly bags are likely to tick a few boxes
Keep calm and (literally) carry on. Pro tip: There are no drawbacks — ever — to taking a carry-on bag. Travel light, go straight to gate and spend more time at your destination!
1. Best buy: Xiaomi’s 20” trolley bag (in black) is sleek yet affordable (P2,995); fb.com/xiaomionlineph
2. Muji’s 19L spinner (in beige) is great for light packers and junior jetsetters (P7,950); muji.com/ph
3. Splurge option: Delsey’s 55cm rainproof Monsey case (in bright red) has a secure, double-lock system (P11,990); thetravelclub.ph
4. Hedgren’s 55cm Boarding S spinner (in purple) is compact but surprisingly spacious (P7,490); hedgren.com
5. It Luggage’s 30L World’s Lightest spinner weighs a mere 1.55kg and comes with a wide handle (P5,999); urbantravellerco.com
6. Travelon’s Tailored collection trolley bag (in viridian green) has RFID-blocking tech (to keep out ID and credit card scanners) and a handle that tucks away neatly; (P8,990); fb.com/flight001ph
. . .
How to maximize your bag space
- On the way out: After you’ve set aside and categorized your trip necessities (clothes, toiletries and more), put them in mesh pouches or packing cubes — waterproof ones are ideal. This will keep big and small items organized — perfect for those iffy open-bag security checks — and help contain leakage issues, if any.
- On the way back: Shopped too much and need room in your carry-on? A few quick fixes include rolling your garments (individually), chucking shoe boxes and using shoe bags and keeping a foldable duffel on hand for last-minute buys and souvenirs.
This article first appeared in the January 2019 issue of Smile magazine.