Davao City Francisco Bangoy International Airport has been described as bright and airy — and one of the most efficient airports in the world, according to the Airport Council International (ACI). A hub that services local and international airlines, it sees around two million travelers every year. Here are other things about the airport that passengers can appreciate, and are good to know:
- Aside from Manila, you can book a ticket to Cebu, Zamboanga, Cagayan de Oro, Bacolod and Iloilo. There are direct flights to Singapore, too. Cebu Pacific travels there every Thursday and Sunday.
- At PHP380, you can relax or catch up on work with comfortable seats, light snacks and drinks, and WiFi at the Miascor Elite Lounge Davao. Check their Facebook page for more information.
- 14 domestic and 14 international counters make checking in smoother and easier.
- Metered taxis are readily available, but you can also opt for shuttles, hotel pick-ups and car rentals. If you don’t have a place to stay yet, try the hotel reservation counters. A visitors’ information center can also answer your questions and point you in the right direction.
- For a unique souvenir or takeaway, sample an array of durian treats or buy local crafts from the pasalubong shops.
This article originally appeared in the April 2016 issue of Smile magazine.