It’s the perfect time to grab your mask and fins, and discover the hidden wonders of Camiguin in the Philippines!
From June 23 to August 31, the island province will be celebrating the first Camiguin Dive Festival to showcase its popular dive sites. Open to all dive enthusiasts visiting the island, the landmark event will feature discounted fun dives, scuba and freediving clinics, sustainable tourism forums, and an underwater photography competition.
Long known for its volcano hikes, lush waterfalls, and pristine sandbars, the “Island Born of Fire” off the northern coast of Mindanao also harbors exceptional attractions beneath the waves. Off its rugged coastline, one can explore 30 dive sites that range from vibrant coral gardens and drop-offs teeming with sea turtles, large schools of jack, and all sorts of marine life to unique environments like black coral forests, lava-formed pinnacles, and freshwater springs bubbling from the sea floor. Among the must-dive hotspots include Mantigue Island, White Island, Old Volcano and Sunken Cemetery.
Here’s what to expect during the two-month celebration:
- To join any of the activities, participants must first pre-register online: http://bit.ly/2KUYGgP
- Certified scuba divers can enjoy a 30% discount on fun dives during the festival period at all participating dive centers and resorts on the island.
- Not yet licensed? Beginners may avail 15% off regular rates on introductory classes for scuba and freediving!
- Underwater shutterbugs will get the chance to win a total of PHP 60,000 in cash prizes at the festival’s underwater photography contest. The competition will feature both macro and wide angle categories. Any underwater photography gear will be accepted.
- Enjoy diving with any of the following DOT-accredited dive operators: Ajis Camiguin Adventures, Black Beach Divers, Camiguin Soul Divers, Camiguin Volcan Beach Eco Retreat and Dive Resort, Johnny’s Dive N’ Fun, Kurma Eco Beach Club, and Scuba de Oro.
The event is organized by the Provincial Tourism Office with the support of the Department of Tourism – Region 10. For more information, visit the Camiguin Tourism Facebook page (fb.com/camiguintourismoffice), contact +63 9177060688, or email: email@example.com