1. The Masonry’s Laura Marble Tray adds a luxe touch to your space (₱2,295); IG: @themasonryph
2. The Bamboo Company’s Lakbawayan Labahamboo, a green alternative to the regular metal double-edged safety razor, features a bamboo handle and closed comb design—great for helping you achieve that fresh and smooth feel. Appropriate for all beard and skin types (₱589); available at thebamboocompany.ph or thegoodstore.ph
3. Weekend Kids PH’s A Clean Shave shaving soap is all-natural and suitable for users who are particular with their skincare. You can whip up a dense lather with a shaving brush or just your bare hands (₱280 for 50g); weekendkidsph.com
4. Happy Skin’s #Skipthefilter Skin Perfecting Super Absorbent Charcoal Blotting Sheets help remove oil and shine for that Instagram-ready matte finish (₱149 for 50 sheets); happyskincosmetics.com
5. OGX’s Kukui Oil Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil is just the thing to tame your curls and rein in those flyaways — it’s moisturizing and gives your mane a natural, non-greasy shine (₱628 for 50ml); available at Watsons shops at leading malls nationwide
6. Nanny Rose’s Manuka Jojoba hydrating face spray, formulated with organic manuka flower water, witch hazel, rose absolute and essential oils, refreshes the senses and moisturizes your skin with every spritz (₱650 for 60ml); IG: @nannyroseph
7. Zero Basics’ deodorant, made from 100% therapeutic-grade essential oils, combats excessive sweating and masks odors (₱250 for 250ml); available at fb.com/zerobasics, IG: @zerobasicsph or humblemarket.ph
8. Conscious Canvas’ embroidered travel pouches, handmade by people with disabilities, are the perfect reminders for mindful travel — part of the proceeds benefit the Philippine Paralympics team (₱180 each); consciouscanvasph.com
Ask the expert: How can I manage my hair in humid weather?
A mild hair-relaxing treatment (preferably with straightening product L’Oréal Xtenso Oleoshape) can help keep wild manes under control. Seek out this long-term, anti-humidity service at salons that use professional hair products. After treatment, style your hair with It’s A 10 Miracle Defrizzing Cleansing Conditioner and It’s A 10 Miracle Defrizzing Gel to manage frizzy, flyaway hair.
– Jude Hipolito and Rose Velasco of JURO Salon Exclusif
Text and styling by Pierra Calasanz-Labrador
This article first appeared in the August 2019 issue of Smile magazine.