Now that Cebu Pacific is flying four times a week to Guam, travelers can look forward to a new destination to explore. Guam has beaches, water and adventure sports, good food, golf courses and duty-free shopping. But before you get to all that, your first stop is the international airport. Here are some things to expect:
- Taxis are available outside the West Arrival terminal building; rates range from US$15 to US$22 to popular hotels and resorts. Ask the counter for an estimate. There are also six car rental companies for you to choose from.
- Begin and end your trip with a duty-free shopping spree. The airport has Lotte Duty Free Guam, which has a range of designer and luxury brands.
- Considering a tour? More than 10 tour group companies have counters at the airport.
- There are two lounges: Sagan Bisita, which can seat over 160 people and serves some airlines, and United Club, which is for members only.
- Download the airport’s official mobile app to receive up-to-date information. Available on the App Store and Google Play.
- One last reminder: Guam is a US territory, so make sure you meet all the visa requirements before your flight.
Visit guamairport.com for more info.
Also read: Manila-Guam flights launched
This article originally appeared in the May 2016 issue of Smile magazine.