It’s official: you can now visit Singapore and never feel the need to leave the airport. Recently clinching Skytrax’s prestigious accolade for World’s Best Airport for the seventh year in a row, Changi Airport has added a new gem to its crown — Jewel Changi Airport.
The dome-shaped structure, with a façade made up of 9,600 pieces of glass, cost S$1.7 billion (P65.2 billion) to build. It exudes Jurassic World vibes, beginning with the centerpiece HSBC Rain Vortex, an indoor waterfall that pours through from a gap in the ceiling. Jewel even has its own original score, with contributions from award-winning composer Hans Zimmer, no less!
So leave your luggage at the baggage counter and explore this 10-storey, 135,700m² playground, with over 280 stores and restaurants, an 11-screen cinema, indoor park spaces and more.
Five sparkling highlights at Jewel:
1. Canopy Park. This ticketed attraction (opening June 10) encircles the fifth floor of the complex. With views of Jewel’s four-storey Shiseido Forest Valley and waterfall, it’s a green, soothing haven to linger at before you board your flight.
2. YotelAir Singapore Changi Airport. Inspired by luxurious first-class aircraft cabins, YotelAir offers Daylight (four-hour) and overnight stays in rooms that each come equipped with a flat-screen TV and an ensuite bathroom.
3. The Rain Vortex light and sound show. From 8.30pm to 12.30am daily, the Rain Vortex illuminates in a dramatic light show — at hourly intervals — and this is best viewed from one of the top tiers of the Shiseido Forest Valley.
4. Changi Experience Studio. This corner of the mall features over 20 attractions and interactive activities — also ticketed — that take you through the past, present and future innovations of Changi Airport.
5. International brands. Shake Shack, Pokémon Centre (the only one outside of Japan!) and London’s famed Burger & Lobster — among other brands — make their Singapore debuts. Nike is set to open its largest Southeast Asia store there as well.
How to get to Jewel from within Changi Airport:
Jewel is connected directly with Terminal 1 and linked to Terminals 2 and 3 via Link bridges. From Terminal 4, hop on a free shuttle bus to T2 and walk the same Link Bridge to arrive at the lifestyle wing.
*Photos courtesy of the Jewel Changi Airport Development