Several things to note if you’re flying in or out of Osaka’s Kansai international Airport
Did you know that Osaka’s Kansai International Airport (KIX) was voted “World’s Best Airport for Baggage Delivery” in the 2016 World Airport Survey by Skytrax? It’s also been reported that no luggage has gone missing at the airport since it opened over 20 years ago. As a traveler you can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that your luggage will be well taken care of.
It is just one of the things that make Kansai a comfortable stop before, during and after a flight. It’s good to know these too:
- There are coin-operated showers at the KIX Airport Lounge and International Gate Area Center at Terminal 1, and the second floor of Aeroplaza.
- Choose between a 10-minute or up to an hour’s massage depending on how much time you can spare. Have it at the terminal shop on the third floor of Terminal 1, or at the Refresh Square Shop at the second floor of Aeroplaza.
- If you want a fuss-free departure, arrival or transfer at the airport, reserve and hire a guide. The KIX VIP Service will get you through smoothly.
- Book in advance to avail of the baggage delivery service from your home or the airport. Counters can be found at Terminal 1.
- You can also park your bags at the coin lockers by the hour or day.
Find out more at www.kansai-airport.or.jp.
This article originally appeared in the September 2016 issue of Smile magazine.