The singer, TV host and entrepreneur chats with us about travel, music and karaoke
1. My three carry-on essentials are…
A scarf or sarong, a fountain pen and a notebook
2. Somewhere I’ve never been that I would like to visit is…
3. Beach town or metropolis?
4. My favorite island in the Philippines that I love to escape to is…
5. Favorite travel buddy?
My husband, Yael
6. Secret favorite snack to pick up at the airport?
Zubuchon chicharon at Mactan-Cebu International Airport
7. Favorite season for travel?
8. Carry-on queen or overpacker?
9. Most romantic song?
“Singapore Sling” by Sponge Cola, which was our wedding song
10. My favorite thing about writing music is…
The way it makes me feel inside
11. Why do you love karaoke?
You can sing freely, make mistakes, sing too loud and sing your heart away
12. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
“Wannabe” by the Spice Girls
13. My three ride-or-die karaoke buddies are…
Anne Curtis, Yael Yuzon and Rajo Laurel
14. Best thing about being married to a fellow musician?
Having someone to sing with in Disneyland and on long road trips
15. Tips for aspiring entrepreneurs?
Follow your passion. Ask a lot of people a lot of questions, talk to people outside of your circle, listen to talks and join seminars
16. Best way to pass time on long flights?
I usually talk to my seatmate
17. Planned or spontaneous travel?
18. Hotels or hostels?
19. Aisle or window?
20. Best road-trip music?
Anything by The Corrs and Ben&Ben