From spacious picnic baskets to water-resistant holdalls in summer brights
1. Viajecito’s SplashKit (in mint) can take you from a mall date to a sweaty hike in style; P1,900; viajecito.ph
2. CabAnna Living’s small acrylic handbag is perfect for everything from beach trips to pool parties; P5,695; available at CabAnna Living boutique at Power Plant Mall
3. Wanderskye’s Memphis Infinity Bag functions as a water-resistant tote, bag cover or last-minute hand-carry — it’s also foldable into a pocket-sized square; P595; wanderskye.com
4. Tactics’ 5L Ultra Dry Bag, with detachable straps, shields your gear from the elements; P550; tacticswatergear.com
5. Sun Jellies’ Fiesta Shopper can help up your chic quotient even while you’re on the beach; P1,595; sunjellies.com
6. WVN Handwoven Roundie beach blanket (P1,700) from CabAnna Living
7. Neon Island x Havaianas Flip Flops (P1,399); available at Common Thread
Top ideas for your next summer getaway
- SUP in paradise: Book a course with SUP Central Tours (for beginners and pros) and wind around Coron’s mangroves, limestone cliffs and enchanting islands on a stand-up paddleboard. supcentraltours.com
- Forest bathing: The Japanese practice of shinrin-yoku (or forest bathing), has been proven to help with improving overall well-being. Join Camp John Hay’s new Forest Bathing Trail in Baguio, or visit Sayama Hills (aka Totoro Forest) the next time you’re in Tokyo.
This article first appeared in the March 2019 issue of Smile magazine.