Airline issues advisory for peak travel season
PSA to our fellow travelers: it pays to be an early bird during peak travel season.
“Those with flights during peak travel periods are encouraged to be at the airport at least two hours before departure for domestic flights, and three hours for international flights,” Cebu Pacific reminds all passengers. “Allot ample time for security inspection, immigration screening, check-in, bag drop and other pre-departure requirements.”
Check-in and boarding hacks
- CEB Web Check-in. Visit the Manage Booking section of the Cebu Pacific website (cebupacificair.com). For international flights, web check-in is available from seven (7) days up to four (4) hours before scheduled flight departure. Those taking domestic flights can do web check-in up to one (1) hour before their scheduled departure.
- CEB Mobile Check-in. Download the official Cebu Pacific Mobile App on the App Store or Google Play and tap on the Check-In option. CEB Mobile Check-in is available from seven (7) days to four (4) hours before an international flight, and up to one (1) hour before a domestic flight.
Guests on domestic flights who have checked-in via the Cebu Pacific website or mobile app can get their boarding passes through their devices. Those with no check-in baggage can go straight to their boarding gate. Guests with check-in baggage, on the other hand, can drop these off at the bag drop counter at least 45 minutes before the flight.
Guests on international flights may also check in via the website or mobile app, but will still need to show up at the check-in counters to present valid travel documents and drop their baggage at least one (1) hour before their flight. Passengers on international flights are strongly advised to immediately proceed to the immigration counters after completing check-in requirements.
Monitor flight information
Guests are advised to monitor flight information and if possible, immediately proceed to their respective boarding gates. Guests should be at the gate at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time of departure, except for flights departing Dubai (45 minutes).
All check-in counters close 45 minutes before the scheduled time of flights, except those exiting Dubai (one hour) and Shanghai (50 minutes) to finalize flight manifest and pre-departure requirements of the authorities. All boarding gates close 15 minutes before the scheduled time of flights, except flights exiting Dubai (20 minutes).
Hand-carry baggage reminders
Guests are reminded to pack their luggage properly and ensure that checked-in baggage have proper identification labels with name, address and contact details. While weighing scales at the check-in counters are calibrated regularly to ensure accuracy, check the weight prior to heading for the airport to avoid the hassle of repacking upon check-in.
- Cebu Pacific and Cebgo allow only ONE (1) hand-carry bag with maximum weight of seven (7) kilos, with dimension of up to 56cm x 36cm x 23cm. This dimension includes most wheeled cabin bags and backpacks.
- In addition to one hand-carry baggage, each passenger may also bring ONE small bag not exceeding 35cm x 20cm x 20cm. This includes handbags, purses and laptop bags that can fit under the seat.
- Adult passengers traveling with infants may carry-on ONE small bag containing baby food and necessities, aside from their allowed hand-carry baggage.
- Assistive or medical items such as walking canes, foldable walkers, as well as items purchased inside the airport (airside) are on top of the hand-carry baggage allowance for each passenger.
For any concerns, please approach Cebu Pacific roving agents for assistance.