Dizziness, headache, stuffy nose or travel stress? These will help clear the air for you
1. Body Food All Natural’s Mini Liniment is packed with a powerful multi-herb infusion and special oil blend — rub on or sniff to alleviate migraines, rhinitis and motion sickness (P500 for 2ml); IG: @bodyfoodallnatural
2. Ritual’s set of Easy Breathing Smelling Salts and Very Relaxing Smelling Salts, which feature a blend of essential oils, are natural inhalers that help clear the sinuses and reduce stress and anxiety, respectively (P250 for a set of two); seektheuniq.com
3. White Flower’s signature Embrocation medicated oil — aka your granny’s go-to blend of menthol, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil and camphor — provides a calmative fix for headaches, motion sickness, muscle pains and insect bites (P329.75 for 20ml); IG: @watsonsph
4. Zenutrients’ All is Well Oil contains coconut oil, ginger extract, Eucalyptus globulus leaf oil and more, and can be used on the temples and chest to promote calmness or relieve tension headaches (P140 for 10ml); zenutrients.com.ph
5. Human Nature’s Soothing Balm, with eucalyptus and bergamot, helps clear dizziness, heal insect bites, relieve minor muscle soreness and promote restful sleep (P99.75 for 10g); humanheartnature.com
6. Giga’s Massage Rub Cream, a virgin-coconut-oil-based salve that’s infused with peppermint oil and ginger extract, combats pain and refreshes the senses (P565 for 60ml); giga.com.ph
. . .
How to ward off headaches while traveling, according to Yu Hezu Bamboo Wand teacher Mawi Fojas de Ocampo
- Step 1: Eat. Even if it’s just a banana as you rush out the door. Then make sure you grab something more substantial at your destination.
- Step 2: Drink water. Even mild dehydration causes headaches, so take plenty of sips throughout the day and don’t wait till you’re feeling parched.
- Step 3: Get enough sleep. Consecutive late nights are bound to result in some health imbalances that often result in migraines.
- Step 4: Make time to meditate. Begin with the free Insight Timer app (for Android and iOS) — set aside five to 10 minutes (day or night, while in transit) for a guided meditation to calm the mind and re-energize the body.
- Step 5: Keep a pair of shades handy. Headaches can be caused by bright lights (due to photosensitivity), so keep those peepers protected.
This article first appeared in the January 2019 issue of Smile magazine.