A beloved Philippine dish, aligue fried rice is essentially rice cooked with crab fat. Dekada restaurant in Manila demonstrates how to cook its rendition
1 whole crab
2 tbsps aligue paste
600g steamed rice
1 tbsp minced garlic
15g spring onions
1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
1. Saute minced garlic and onions in some oil and annatto oil.
2. Add the egg and aligue paste, then mix in the rice.
3. Mix until the ingredients are well-blended.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Deep-fry the crab.
6. Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with the whole crab, chili garlic sauce, and spring onions.