Team Lab’s Takashi Kudo on how to nail that “I didn’t even have to try” style
Smart and street
“Lighten up a business look by incorporating relaxed elements like sneakers.”
Highlight with color
“Keep your monochromatic look dynamic by wearing shoes or accessories in a brighter shade.”
“Voluminous trousers give off a more relaxed effect. You can try folding them or tucking the trousers in your shoes for a comfy yet elegant silhouette.”
Add a touch of “me”
“When going with trends, make a look your own with a statement hairstyle. You can also add personality to your outfit with pins or embroidery.”
. . .
Artistic expressions: Kudo’s fashion favorites for futuristic chic
- Fugahum, a Japanese clothing brand. “I find their use of graphics and patterns on the clothes very cool.” fugahum.com
- Reebok DMX. “I love their use of colors and words on their sneakers, especially their collaboration with hip hop artist and producer Swizz Beatz.” reebok.com
. . .
Takashi Kudo is the communications director of the Japan-based artists’ collective Team Lab (teamlab.art). They have several exhibitions currently running in Asia:
- MORI Building DIGITAL ART MUSEUM: teamLab Borderless, Tokyo; Permanent exhibit in Odaiba, Tokyo
- teamLab Planets TOKYO; runs until Fall 2020 in Toyosu, Tokyo
- teamLab: A Forest Where Gods Live — earth, music & ecology; runs until October 28, 2018 in Mifuneyama Rakuen, Takeo Hot Springs, Fukuoka
- teamLab: Ube Tokiwa Park 2018 The Botanical Garden and Animals of Flowers, Symbiotic Lives; runs until November 4, 2018 at the Tokiwa Plant Museum, Yamaguchi
- teamLab: Digitized Usa Shrine; runs until November 7, 2018 at the Usa Shrine, Oita Prefecture
- FUTURE WORLD: WHERE ART MEETS SCIENCE; permanent exhibit at the ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands
- National Museum of Singapore; permanent exhibit at the National Museum of Singapore
This article first appeared in the September 2018 issue of Smile magazine.